To help maximize your chances of receiving referrals from HomeLight, we ask that you take a few moments to complete your profile. A compelling profile will set you apart from the competition and help buyers and sellers know why they should choose you to be their agent. Information in your profile is also used in HomeLight’s agent recommendation algorithm to determine which agents are the best fit for a given buyer or seller.
To complete your profile, log into your HomeLight account by clicking here. After you log in, click the “Profile” link located on the top right of the page.
Once you have arrived at your profile you will see a banner at the top of the screen labeled “Complete Your Profile”. This banner is where you’ll see the steps to completing your profile.
- Sign the referral agreement - When you first sign into your account, you’ll be prompted to electronically sign the HomeLight referral agreement. *Please note, you must sign the referral agreement in order to be eligible to receive referrals from HomeLight.* See example here.
- Add your location preferences - Your location preferences will help HomeLight filter referrals for the areas that you are willing to serve. Please note that you must first upload and verify your transactions in order for the location preferences option to be available. See example here.*Please note you must have a minimum of 5 verified transactions from the last 2 years on your account in order to access this section.*
- Specify your referral settings - You can also filter referrals according to your minimum price point, the types of properties you work with, and the types of transactions you specialize in. See example here.
- Upload past transactions - HomeLight uses your real estate transaction data from the past 3 years to match buyers and sellers with the best possible agent. To ensure your transaction history is accurate, we ask you upload and verify your last 3 years of transaction history. For further instructions click here.*Please note you must have a minimum of 15 verified transactions from the last 2 years on your account.*
- Personalize your biography- Your agent biography should tell the story of your career that highlights your experience and accomplishments. See example here.
- Ask your clients for reviews- Real reviews from real clients will help potential clients feel more comfortable choosing you to be their agent. You can either:
- Enter the client's name/address and send them an email request.
- Copy the URL link of your profile and provide the link to your clients personally. You can also share this link on social media, on your website, or in your email signature.
For further instructions click here
- Confirm your contact info - Confirming contact information verifies that your HomeLight referrals are sent to the right phone number and email address. Ensure that your phone number and email address are both properly verified, then complete the remaining fields to provide additional contact information. See example here.
- Add testimonials- As an agent, you can add testimonials that have been sent to you from your clients. This differs from reviews, in that reviews must come from a unique user and testimonials can be added by you. For further instructions click here
- Add certifications and awards- If you’ve received any awards or certifications you would like potential clients to know about, you can add them here. See example here.
- Upload a profile picture- Select a recent professional looking photo that is well-lit and clear. See example here.
If you have issues customizing or updating your profile, reach out to email@example.com