As a HomeLight Agent, when your clients get their offer accepted, you now have the power to quickly open Escrow with HomeLight. All you need to do is log into your account within your HomeLight Agent account, click on your Transactions Tab, and Start a new order.
Opening Escrow will allow our Closing Services team to order a preliminary title report and generate an Escrow Number for your transaction. HomeLight provides a modern closing experience for top agents and teams.
How It’s Done
Step 1 - Log In and Choose the Transactions Tab
When you sign in to your HomeLight account select the Transactions tab at the top of your screen to get started.
Step 2 - Select the Closing Services Button
To open a new order with HomeLight Closing services, you will be prompted to enter some property information. This will be presented in a 3 step guide to help ensure all information is entered correctly.
Step 3 - Identify Service Type
California agents will need to identify if the service is for a property that is currently in contract, select the Escrow option.
If this is for a property that is coming on the market select Pre-Escrow.
🔎 You can learn more here: California – Open Pre-Sale Escrow with HomeLight Closing Services
Step 4 - Enter Information
To successfully open a new order you will need to provide your clients information and information about the property.
This includes the name and contact of your client. You’ll want to be sure to indicate what their role is in the transaction, either a Seller or a Buyer.
Just the address is needed to open the property. Please be sure to include the unit number in the designated field, if applicable.
Upload the Purchase Contract
Uploading the Purchase Contract allows your Escrow Officer to get as much information as possible upfront about the transaction. This allows them to assign an escrow number and provide information regarding the earnest money deposit. This step is required in order to submit a property into Escrow.At this time only one document can be uploaded, if there are any addendums or counter offers made on the property that affects the price or terms please be sure to include those with the purchase contract as a combined document. Once the purchase contract is uploaded the Next button will allow you to move on to review the information you've provided.
Review and Confirm
You will need to review and confirm that all information entered is accurate and true. There is a Notes section where you can provide any additional info about the client or property that might be important (e.g. a probate or trust sale, client’s preferred language). If there is anything that needs to be updated, you can use the Back button in the bottom left of the dialog box, to do so prior to hitting Submit.
Immediately after submitting the information, you will get a confirmation message. You can close out of the dialogue box and go to the list of all your transactions, or click the View Transaction Detail Page to view the details of this transaction.
Status and Activity
When Reviewing the Transaction Detail Page, you will be able to see the status of the opened property. An activity timeline will also be displayed, as more actions are taken they will be reflected here.
A copy of the purchase contract that was uploaded will be stored in the documents tab along with any other documents related directly to the transaction. When a preliminary title report is made available a copy will be added here.
The Transaction Detail Page also includes a People Tab. This allows you to keep track of all the people working on this specific transaction. If you need to get into contact with someone, hovering over their name will surface their contact information. Clicking on their email address will open up your email provider and allow you to connect with that individual as needed.
Q: What is HomeLight Closing Services?
- A: HomeLight Closing Services delivers a modern closing experience with transparency, security, and the convenience to close at the location of your choice. We have created best-in-class systems and security to protect both the consumer and the agent from these threats.
Q: How do I find out if HomeLight Closing Services is offered in my area?
- A: HomeLight Cash Offer is currently available in Arizona, California, Colorado, Texas, Florida, and Chicago. Closing Services will be coming soon to Michigan (July 2021).
Q: How do you protect me and my clients during closings?
- A: Our SOC 2 Accredited system earned an ALTA Best Practices Pillar 3 compliance recognition and ALTA Elite Provider certification. We provide industry-leading security and protect you and your clients against fraud and phishing scams to the best of our abilities.
Q: Are there any restrictions when uploading a document?
- A: Yes, the file must be saved in PDF format. There is a also file size limit of 150MB, please note that larger files may take longer to process and upload.
Q: How do I upload additional documents to the transaction?
- A: If additional documents need to be added to the transaction you will need to email the PDFs to your Escrow Officer and request that the documents be added.
Q: Do I get a Closing Team?
- A: You get a designated team to handle all of your files, giving you a single point of contact for each of your closings. This team works with your business to build a profile on how you chose to handle your closings so that you go through a smooth process.
Q: Do I get a Title Rep?
- A: Yes, you have direct access to a professional title officer experienced in handling the most complex title cases. They give you prioritized assistance and make sure you clear your title to finish the closing process.
Q: How do you handle remote closings?
- A: Today's consumers are busier than they've ever been. This is why we offer remote closings to accommodate clients' schedules and their preferred closing location. Our heavily vetted and trusted mobile notaries can close in any county in the state.